Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all!

(Yes, once again, this is my quest to catch up...going back to Fall 2011)

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens."

I love the fall.  Something is different in the air -- the way the breeze blows, a crisp smell in the air.  And with a new season comes old traditions along with new fun. 

Here's a little of what we've been up to...

Friends of ours host a costume party every year and it's something we always look forward to.  Everyone's costumes are top secret and it's hilarious to see what folks come up with.  Justin came up with the Shrek and Princess Fiona idea and I gotta hand it to him.  Both of our outfits came from a thrift store (totalling less than $8) with the exception of Fiona's wig and Shrek's green paint.

(Disclaimer:  I had Harrison take this picture.  And I was obviously too busy telling him what button to push to even strike a pose.  Besides the fact that Shrek's eyes are closed.  Fail.)


I tagged along with Harrison's kindergarten class to a field trip to our local pumpkin patch, which was followed by his class' fall party.



By far my boys' favorite thing about fall is our church's annual Fall Festival.  It's a big deal round these parts complete with bounce houses, games, candy galore, and insanely good fair-style food.  Cotton candy, corn dogs, funnel cakes, jumbo pickles... MY favorite part.



And the finale of fall -- Trick or treatin'!

My "monster truck race driver" and mischievous monkey
So very sleepy but not givin' up the sucker just yet!


And we did some pumpkin carvin' of our own.




Since I'm so far behind on blogging, fall 2012 will be here before we know it.  Hopefully I'll have those posts up sometime before 2013!




No comments:

Post a Comment