Thursday, March 1, 2012

M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E...what's that spell??!

Mickey Mouse!!

Brig's big birthday surprise courtesy of Granddad and B was a trip to Walt Disney World!  Let me first point out that I've been to Disney literally dozens of times in my 28 years, and it never gets old.  But to see my kids experience the magic for the first time (or second or third...) is by far the most exciting! 

Harrison has been a few times, but this was Brig's very first trip.  AND we managed to keep the whole deal a surprise.  I drove to Mom's Sunday afternoon and we started our trek.  I knew for sure once we got into Orlando and all the Disney billboards and advertisements were up that Harrison would figure it out.  Nope.  Mile after mile, we kept asking him if he knew where we were going and he honestly didn't know.  Finally, we're on Disney property headed to our hotel and we pass under the Walt Disney World overpass and he says, "We're at Disney World???!"  The look on his face was priceless!  And at two years old, Brig is just along for the ride and he's happy to be wherever. 

We settled into our hotel for some rest so we'd be ready to hit the park extra early in the morning.  It was one l.o.n.g. day, but the boys had an absolute blast.  And I'm pretty sure Mama and B had fun too.  We had the most perfect weather and both boys were so well-behaved that we stayed all the way until the closing-time fireworks. 

I went back and forth on deciding whether or not to lug around my DSLR at the park, but I'm so glad I did.  Here's a (somewhat brief) rundown of our day...
Ok, that's a lie-- it's not brief at all

Rarin' and ready to go!  In matching shirts courtesy of Mama Couture

In line to meet Mickey Mouse -- Consider this the "before"

A little unsure about Mickey

And Minnie Mouse was the last straw!

Consider this the "after"

There was no holding Harrison back -- We love Mr. Mouse!

After I picked Brig up, he stopped crying, but the photo doesn't do justice to the death grip he has on me

In the front row on It's A Small World, and Brig loved it!  He thought he "drove" the boat.

Mickey's PhilharMagic 3D show -- Mama's favorite!

Even with his poor busted up face (from the fireplace hearth), I'm still in love with this picture

Gettin' crazy on the Mad Hatter's teacups!

Brig took a little cat nap in the stroller and while he was asleep (and so we wouldn't have a repeated meltdown like with Mickey and Minnie), Harrison got to meet Woody and Jessie.

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad -- Harrison's face...ha!

Brig's very own set of Mickey ears

As the parade begins -- again with the face...I love it!

Mama's favorite Mouseketeers

No comments:

Post a Comment