Thursday, September 6, 2012

Vintage Back-to-School Portraits

Even though I don't have little girls, few things bring me as much joy as dolling up my "guinea pigs" and shooting portraits of them.  A few months ago, we inherited a vintage school desk from my Aunt Wendy that is just the coolest thing.  When I saw it, my mind immediately went to portraits.  I tinkered with ideas on location and outfits and then on a spur-of-the-moment Saturday afternoon, we decided to throw it all together. 
 
I had stiched up these matching faux bowties to drive home the "vintage" theme and the rest (with the help of the desk) fell together. 
 
I'm in love with how the pictures turned out and will no doubt be blowing a few of these up.  Can't help but smile every time I browse through them.
 
Harrison - 6 years old - Wants to be a dirt bike racer when he grows up
 
Seriously, Mom.
 
Sweet-souled boy
 
Brigdon - Age 2 - Wants to drive an ambulance when he grows up
 
 
They really do love each other
 
 
Because Brig can't be serious for longer than 9 seconds.
 
They look nerdy here, but I think it's cute.  Chicks dig nerds.
 
Mama's favorite  <3 font="font">

No comments:

Post a Comment