Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Grade - Day 1

New year, new grade, new school.
 
Apparently, this boy spent all summer break sitting in manure because he has grown like a weed!  Busting out of his clothes and shoes, shedding the rest of that baby face, and ever quickly becoming a big kid. 
 
We are so very proud of him.  I've always refered to Harrison as my sweet-souled boy and even at the ripe old age of 6, it still rings true. 
 
He loves life, loves to laugh, and loves Jesus. 
 
I couldn't help but watch his Daddy get misty-eyed during bedtime prayers the night before his first day of First Grade.  Seems like the older we get, the faster the days fly by. 
 
At the time I'm writing this, we're a few weeks into the new school year and quickly settled back into our groove.  My children (and their Mama) thrive off of routine and boy are we (well, mainly I) glad to have it back!
 
 
 
Bags are packed!  Backpack was a birthday gift courtest of Pottery Barn Kids, lunchbox is Children's Place, and teacher gift is a DIY from Pinterest.
 
 
Picked out his own "first day" outfit and looks mighty handsome to me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment