Thursday, May 6, 2010

"Gardenette" Update

I know, I know...it's been a while since I updated the goings on of Harrison's little "gardenette." Surprising to me, he (and by that I mean WE) has stuck with the maintenance and care of it pretty well. He's sure to water it daily and pull any stray weeds. Although no veggies yet, our plants are doing great!





The morning glory flower seeds he planted on the porch are growing like crazy! They will have blossoms on them very, very soon. I even had to put a trellis in the planter for the vines to grow on.



Our cucumbers and tomatoes already have pretty yellow flowers on them and even more buds beginning to sprout! I'm excited for him to see mini-sized vegetables begin to grow...

At this point, I will give myself a pat on the back and say this (so far) has been quite the learning experience for my big guy! He's learning about patience, diligence, responsibility...good stuff. No doubt I will kick myself in a month or so for even saying that because we have been prone to fail as gardens of years past have proved. So far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment