Friday, August 27, 2010

School News

We've made it through our first week of school! 

I lieu of sending home papers and projects on a daily basis, Harrison's school sends his work for the week home on Friday.  He even has his own special folder with his name on it.


So, I pick him up today and he is overflowing with words as usual.  Before I pull out of the parking lot, I pull out his work for the week.  There are color pages, a foam thingy with his name on it, and a puppet made from a paper bag among other things. 

There is, however, one page on bright pink paper that melts my heart...


I'm not a save-everything, never-know-when-you-need-it kind of gal, but this is definitely a keeper.  Those little baby hands aren't baby hands anymore; they made this kid-sized print.  Still small and sweet, but so much bigger compared to Brig's chubby little baby hands.  Just a short time ago, my Harrison had those same chubby kissable hands.

A few things Harrison learned this week:
-  The color red.  (He's actually known his colors for like 2 years, so I'm guessing this is just review??)
-  Drawing straight lines.  And not just any lines, "vertical lines," he explained.
-  Beginning writing his name.  Poor kid has a rather lengthy name.  This is something we've worked on over the summer.  He has "H" and "I" down.  The rest...hmm, not so much.  They all look like "I's."
-  From what I can gather, they are painting a large picture (possibly a mural?) little by little.  This week they painted the red parts, which consisted of a fireman's hat and Clifford the Big Red Dog.

I had made it a point to pick up a little treat for him today and thought it could be something I could do for him every Friday.  Sort of a way to celebrate the completion of the week and start of the weekend.  His teacher, Mrs. Shelly, beat me to it.  She tucked a little "Airhead" bar into his folder.  Candy is the way to that boy's heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment