Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Justin and I had the opportunity last night for a much-needed, kid-free dinner date and it was quite wonderful.  Thanks to Meme (gotta love her!) for taking the boys.  We picked them up last night and carried them on home.  It was nearly 9:30 p.m. and our babies were tired.  I was carrying Brigdon in the house with Harrison walking in front of me.  We get in the door and Harrison stops and kisses the laundry room door.  What???

I stopped and asked him, "What are you doing?"  His reply, "I love our home" and a sweet little sleepy-eyed smile.  Wanna talk about melt my heart??! 

I've learned over the last year or so that "home" has nothing to do with the type of dwelling it is, where it's located, or how you get there.  "Home" is a feeling.  A feeling of love, comfort, being welcomed, and accepted....all things I want all who enter our humble abode to feel. 

Home Sweet Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment