Friday, December 17, 2010

Flashback Friday

Yes, it's been a while since a "Flashback Friday" post and they are a favorite.  Guess it's obvious our Friday's have been hectic lately.  But alas...it's back!

So I thought my little family was prepared for Christmas (which is in ONE week), but I was w.r.o.n.g.  Woah, was I wrong.  Though I strive every year to not be that wait-til-the-last-possible-minute gal, here it is another year and I'm doing it again.  Such is life.

For today's Flashback Friday, I decided to dig out some old Christmas pictures as a kid.  I have always loved Christmas -- actually I love all holidays -- but the Christmas season is so profound in meaning and rich with history.  The nostalgia gets me every time. 

I guess the picture below is probably from my first Christmas.  I'm a November baby (just like my Brig), so that first Christmas was kind of just "pretend."  Brig's first Christmas last year, we just kind of skipped over him.  Sounds sad, but we just took at as one more year to save a little money.  BUT, we're making up for it this year. 

What sticks out to me most about this picture is not the tree or the awful outfit Baby Sue is dressed in, it's the tacky velour sofa and red-brown shag carpet.  Wow.  Thank goodness interior design has come a long way.  Can't help but wonder if my boys will look back on their childhood photos and wonder the same thing about our home?  Undoubtedly so. 


But wait, it gets even better...


 
This picture I would guess is from my second Christmas; the "real" one.  These creepy Santas crack me up!  What child wouldn't be scared to sit in this guy's lap?




And last by not least, I would assume this picture is my third year.  And, yes, another creepy Santa.  Surely this guy could've opted for contact lens that day and left his "Clark Griswold" glasses home?  But best of all, I love those little stick-out-ish ears...the same ears my little Briggy has.  One of the (few) traits he carries of me.  Sorry Brig, but wear em proudly.





No comments:

Post a Comment