Sunday, December 26, 2010

Our Big One-Year-Old

A first birthday already?  Yes, already.

We celebrated Brig's first birthday with a little cowboy-themed get-together in our backyard on the most beautiful fall morning.  It was simple and filled with laughter and memories and good food.  I devoted a few days to Brig's birth and the events of his first year during "Bountiful Blessings" over the month of November, here and here.

I think watching both my boys grow and change from month to month can be easily summed up as bittersweet.  I cherish their "baby days," but look forward to what God holds next for them.  I've had a lot of people ask if I was sad about Brig turning 1 and I honestly wasn't sad at all.  I had enjoyed the prior 12 months so very much, but he's a kid and if there's one thing a kid does best, it's grow up f.a.s.t.  You just have to enjoy each stage as it comes and as it goes.  He's a full-fledged toddler now...busy and curious and such fun!


A "mini gallery" with memories of Brig's first year


Table decor


Presents!


More presents!

AND....Cake!



Thank you everyone who celebrated Brig's special day with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment