Monday, December 6, 2010

Giving Thanks

"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus."

Oh, how I love this holiday!  And after a month of "Bountiful Blessings," I am reminded of just how much I have to give thanks for.  So much more than I ever deserve. 

That being said, Justin and I had made a deal starting this year to do the least amount of traveling as possible over the holidays.  We have our own little family now and by spending the majority of the day in the car, we couldn't help but feel like our boys -- Harrison especially -- were missing out on what holidays are really about.

That being said, we only spent 5 minutes of Thanksgiving Day in the car driving to our brother- and sister-in-law's house.  (The following day, we spent another hour plus in the car going to my mom's, but at least it wasn't all in one day, which has been the norm for years past.)

And, in true Turkey Day style, you gotta have coordinating outfits complete with



...and Brig's first taste of sweet potato pie...





We enjoyed a fun day with pretty weather, good food, family and lots of laughter. 

B.l.e.s.s.e.d.

No comments:

Post a Comment