Thursday, April 29, 2010

Count Your Blessings One by One

Heard this song on the radio today and it couldn't have come at a more perfect time...
"Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name"
-- Matt Redman
It's been one of those weeks and thank goodness they don't come all that often. Where to begin...Made it a point to do something nice and it got shot down, work is unbelievably slow but there are still bills to pay, two dear friends are dealing with serious health crises in their families, the fast-approaching weekend will mark the date I lost my dad, about at my wit's end dealing with my husband's night shift...all adding up to a severe lack of sleep.
Oh the list could go on and on!
When I heard this song earlier, it definitely helped brighten my outlook. My Jesus knows what my soul needs.
There is nothing that happens in my life that isn't already under His feet!
How grateful I am to Him for His grace that I most definitely don't deserve.
It seems so carefree and easy to praise God when things are going good...Everyone's healthy, everyone's happy, bank account's well-padded, etc. BUT - It's in those not-so-good times that my true colors come out and I will be the first to say, they're not always pretty.
Funny thing is, God is the same whether things are looking up or whether things are looking down. HE NEVER CHANGES....The one thing in my life I can count on without a doubt.
Thank you Jesus for my blessings - Too many to even count!

1 comment: