Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Harrison Turns 4!


My sweet-souled baby boy is now 4!  Seems like we were just bringing him home from the hospital and now he's 4.  He's at the age where he knew his birthday was coming up and that birthday's only come once a year, so it was a special day and he made sure everyone around knew it was his birthday.  We celebrated a little differently this year since we were on vacation at Sanibel (see prior post).  We had a fun day at the beach and at the pool and then ended the day with a little birthday party, good BBQ, and birthday cake!

I guess it's the Mama in me, but I can't help but to reflect back on that hot summer day, June 21, 2006, when we became parents.  I never knew I could love someone so much.  During my pregnancy people would comment, "You're life's going to change," and I would unknowingly agree.  I had no idea how much my life would change until that little 6-pounder baby boy arrived.  I immediately learned the reason God put me on this planet; to raise children that love God and love people so that they in turn bring up Godly children and the cycle continues generation through generation.  I was (and still am) overwhelmed by the huge responsibility that entails.  I can't help but think of how God has changed me and "grown me up" through my years (although few) in motherhood.  He speaks to me in the day to day highs and low with my boys...things I probably would have never learned if it weren't for being a Mama. 

I'm so very grateful for this precious son of mine and the pure joy (and pure frustration at times) he brings me.  Happy Birthday Sweet Harrison!


New Boots


A special Spiderman lifevest for a special fishing trip from Mama & Daddy (post to come)

Make a wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment