Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sweet Summertime

"Perfect song on the radio, sing along cause it's one we know
It's a smile, it's a kiss, it's a sip of wine
It's summertime, sweet summertime"
--  Kenny Chesney 

We're well into summer now and in our dear Florida that means....scorching heat!  What have we been doing to keep our cool?  Three words - "SLIP AND SLIDE!"  I picked one of these up at Wal-Mart just as a fluke for only $8!  It was seriously the BEST $8 ever spent.  Just seeing that thing in the box brought back fond memories of summer fun - AND scrapes and bruises.  I set it up in the backyard for Harrison and immediately remembered the slip & slide of my youth being a lot bigger!

Obviously, size didn't matter for Harrison.  He spent the entire afternoon on this thing!  I think I heard "Watch, Mama!" about a hundred times.  Joy in the simple things.  After the slip & slide had been running for an hour or so, it was more of a mudslide than a water slide.  Did that make a difference to my dirt dauber??  Absolutely not...in fact, the mud made things MORE fun!

Note:  Justin's mom has a similar photo of Justin on a slip & slide and he's about the same age as Harrison.  If I can find it, I'll add it to this post.  They are the SAME kid, just 25+ years apart!




(What can I say?  The boy's got skills)

No comments:

Post a Comment