Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Bountiful Blessings - Day 30

Well, here it is, the end of November. 

Today, I'm grateful for memories.

"Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him. 
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth.  
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them." 


As I think back to exactly a year ago this day, I am overwhelmed with a flood of emotions.  We started the day anxious and eager - Would we meet our baby boy today?  We finished the day...at 11:45 p.m...at ease and blessed - We did meet our baby boy. 

After a weekend full of turkey and family, we welcomed our own little "turkey" Brigdon David to our family on November 30, 2009.  His first year has absolutely flown by and I wouldn't take back a second of it.  That boy brings so much joy and laughter and love to our home. 
We have never been the same. 

I can remember during my pregnancy, elated that God was blessing us with another boy, as I am partial.  :)  But in the back of my mind, I just wondered how I could love another child as much as I already loved Harrison, my first-born. 
I just couldn't wrap my mind around the thought of it. 

Little did I know, that the second I saw my baby's first breath, my heart would double in size.  I would hesitate to say that Brig makes our family complete because I don't know that God's finished with us yet -- and that's quite alright by me.  But without a doubt, we are unbelievably grateful for this sweet-spirited, happy baby boy and for God entrusting him in our care.  He's got big plans for him (Jeremiah 29:11). 

I look forward to day after day after year after year of making more memories with my precious family and beyond blessed to be a Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment