Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Bountiful Blessings Day 10

Day 10...double digits already people!  This month is flying by.

"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."  -- John 15:13

Today, I am grateful for my girlfriends.  What would I do without these girls?  These Godly women who inspire me, lift me up when I'm dragging, let me be "real" (even though it's pretty ugly), be my Advisory Board, cry with me and laugh with me.  Wait...more often than not, they laugh at me! 

No need to name names, these girls know who they are.  More often than not, without even without saying a word, their witnesses shine and they make my day without even knowing it.  Many of us face different challenges in our day to day lives and even our personalities vary widely; but our friendship remains.  I need these girls to be different from me to show me things from an alternate angle.  How boring would my life be if every one of my friends acted, talked and walked just like me?  I need their variety as much as I need their loyalty.

It had already been on my mind that I was going to write about my friendships today and whatd'ya know??  The devotional I studied this morning was about friendship; specifically compared David and Jonathan's friendship with how we should interact in our intimate friendships. 

I love these girls and only hope I can be the friend in return to them that they are to me. 
You know who you are and I am beyond blessed to be your friend!


No comments:

Post a Comment