Friday, November 5, 2010

Bountiful Blessings - Day 5

Day 5:  I am beyond blessed by my children, both of them. 
But, for the sake of 30 days, I'm devoting this day to Harrison Reid, my firstborn.

I distinctly remember that muggy morning, June 21, 2010 just before 10:00 a.m., when God made me a Mama.  My, oh my, how my life changed the very second I layed eyes on him.  (Just so you know, I'm already blinking back tears...)

He is a true "boy's boy" if there ever was one -- adoring all things trucks, dirt, tractors, and especially mud.  This little blog is filled (and will continue to be filled) with silly anecdotes he says and the crazy things he does.  He brings so much laughter and joy to our home; we couldn't imagine our lives without him in it.  The day he was born, he made us "family." 

His name -- Harrison Reid -- explains him so well.  "Harrison" is a spinoff of my surname, Harris, and "Reid" is Justin's middle name as well as many generations before him.  This totally sums him up because he is such a mix of both Justin and I. 

His looks and personality and livelihood are completely Justin (and anyone who has ever saw the 2 of them would agree 100%), while his go-getter attitude and his mannerisms and his OCD compulsiveness are completely me.  I could devote an entire post to our OCD-ness and probably should one day just for fun... We thrive off of the same routine day after day; we eat our food one thing at a time; if our clothes/items for the next day aren't arranged beforehand, the whole day is off-kilter; we cannot function without breakfast and that breakfast is the first thing on our minds when our feet hit the floor; on and on it goes.

Above all, My Harrison loves the Lord - even at his young age.  I pray he never loses sight of Him in his life and am excited for what God has in store for him. 

Mama loves you Boog-A-Loo!

The first time he held his baby brother Brig...so proud he is!


Our heart


He is an amazing Big Brother - and Brig adores him!


Chewing on his tongue, another trait from his Daddy.  They say it helps them concentrate...hmmm.


First United Methodist Preschool school picture - September 2010

 
Adores dirt in all it's forms, but most especially MUD!


Jolly, spunky boy with the cutest cowlick, creamy skin, bright blue eyes, and a splattering of freckles.  (Minus the burn on his chin in this pic...someone got a little too close to the stove which shows all that sweetness comes with a good dose of mischief as well)


That smile totally makes my day...every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment