Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bountiful Blessings Day 9

" 'Honor your father and mother'--which is the first commandment with a promise--that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." 

On day 7 (actually posted yesterday with day 8), I wrote that I am grateful for being raised in a Godly home with Godly parents.  Today, I'm grateful for my in-laws.  Who out there can actually say they're grateful for their in-laws??  Me! 

Back on day 4, I wrote how blessed I am for a Godly husband.  That Godly husband is a product of his Godly parents and I am truly blessed to know them.  Having had them in my life for 10+ years, they have seen me grow and mature into wifehood and motherhood (not that I'm fully blossoming there yet...work in progress) in all it's stages...the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I'm not proud of the way I've always acted towards them over the years, but now that I have children of my own, I'm seeing little by little that living in peace is crucial and--more importantly--is what God has commanded.  (See Ephesians 6:2-3 above).

Though I haven't always agreed with everything my in-laws do, I am positive they haven't always agreed with things I've done.  And that's okay because but beyond that, I am still grateful for them.  They are so very good to me and really don't even have to be.  I can honestly say I love and cherish them the same way I do my very own flesh and blood and consider them my "family." 

Everyone knows that their parents turn to mush when those grandbabies come along.  I can honestly say my in-laws were good to me before I ever gave them grandsons (two of the cutest, sweet-souled boys I know!).  Beyond their goodness to me, they are good to my children.  What's better than Godly parents pouring themselves into their children?  Godly grandparents pouring themselves into their grandchildren!  AND my boys are blessed boys to have two sets of those!

Thank you, Mr. Randy & Ms. Joy, for your advice (whether we wanted it or not), goodness, and support over the years.  My hope is to honor you with the same love and respect. 







Photos courtesy of J. Higginbotham Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment