Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bountiful Blessings - Day 21

(Super duper busy these past few days...so I'll be catching up Days 21 through 23 this morning!)


On this day, I'm grateful for my little sewing machine.  And I guess not so much just for the machine itself, but for the ability to use it.  Though not a pro by any means, I find that the more projects I complete, the more confidence I gain in my abilities.  Plus, it's my "release."  Generally when I find time to sew, it's when my kids are asleep or I have a few hours to myself and can crank something out.  That quiet time is precious and much-needed.

It is amazing to me how plain ole fabric right off the bolt can be transformed into something practical and useful...and sometimes even cute!  No matter how much stitching I do, this plain and simple fact gets me every time.

Can't help but think how God works the same way.  He takes plain old me -- right off the bolt -- and cuts and trims and stitches to refine me into something practical and useful for His kingdom.  Except that the process takes a bit longer with me as compared to a few hours with a bit of fabric and a sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment