Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bountiful Blessings Day 24

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! 
In our neck of the woods, Thanksgiving Eve generally involves grocery shopping (on the worst possible day of the year, I know!) and prepping food. 
Though I love all holidays, Thanksgiving definitely ranks in the top. 

And speaking of grocery shopping...

Today, I'm grateful for the grocery baggers at Publix.  I've never met one that didn't have a smile on their face and attempt to make my kids smile too. 

Besides the fact that they're most knowledgable about bagging techniques (squaring off boxes, not too many canned goods in one bag, "crushables" seperate, etc.), they take the time to seperate my cold stuff from non-cold stuff and THEN bag that cold stuff in paper bags versus plastic.  And just when I'm about to wrangle up my wild banchees and heave that buggy to my truck, they ask, "Would you like some help out with that?" 
Oh.  Absolutely.  Yes. 

So here's to making what could be a hair-pulling, Mama-yelling-at-the-kids complete and totally embarrassing experience into a rather peaceful experience. 

I'm thankful for you Mr. (or Ms.) Grocery Bagger - You totally make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment