Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bountiful Blessings - Day 3

"They came to Him and said, “Teacher, we know that You are a man of integrity. You aren’t swayed by others, because You pay no attention to who they are; but You teach the way of God in accordance with the truth.  Is it right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?  Should we pay or shouldn’t we?”   Then Jesus said to them, “Give back to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s.  And they were amazed at Him."


Today's day number 3 of November's Bountiful Blessings. 

I'm thankful for the right to freely cast my vote to elect the leader's of this country -- on the small scale and on the large scale.  Freedom and the rights that come with it is something neverheard of in many other countries and something that I take for granted at times. 

With yesterday being Election Day, this right has been on my mind.  The freedom we experience every day in this country is because of nothing a single politician has done...or ever will do - but solely because God has blessed the U.S.A.  Sadly, those politicians (and voters as well) have let those Christian values that were the soul of this country fall to the wayside. 

In my opinion, I'm happy to see Republican leadership at the wheel to steer this country back in the right direction...as best as possible. 

I read this status of a Facebook friend today and thought it summed Election Day up perfectly.  It read:  "I am thankful the 'conservative, tea partiers' showed up to vote!!! You can keep the change ;)"

Good stuff. 

[Thanks KW!]

No comments:

Post a Comment